As you know if you've read my blog here at all, I like to give New York City a hard time. But it's not all bad news. For example, it's while living here that I've learned what good croissants taste like. Your average run of the mill croissant is basically a white roll in the shape of a crescent. But it turns out there's a whole other type of croissant which is buttery and flaky and pure yum. Although now I've turned into a croissant snob. There are still many shops, even in New York City, that will try to sell you a croissant-shaped-roll as a croissant.
In fact, Starbucks in New York City recently changed their croissant supplier from one who provided a pretty decent croissant to one who delivers exactly this white-bread-in-a-crescent nonsense. This causes me consternation on days when I happen to wake up early. If it's 8 or so by the time I go in to work, the local coffee shops are open and I can get a decent croissant. But, if it's only 7 or so, then Starbucks is the only coffee shop open (well, Dunkin' Donuts is open too, but they are no better) and then I have a serious breakfast disaster on hand. So far I have yet to actually go hungry, but it's been touch-and-go a couple of times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment